All Images Copyright @ SBliss Photography. Powered by Blogger.

"Like" me on Facebook for notifications of upcoming events and member-only specials



Friday, September 10, 2010

I Heart Faces - Fix It Friday

This is my first time participating in this, but here goes!  I Heart Faces is a website/blog for photographers and every Friday they publish a random photo for digital editing practice.  I'll show you the SOOC (photog lingo for 'straight out of camera') and my edit.  Remember, this image is not mine, but the edit is!  Let me know what you think!

SOOC



My Edit

How did I do it?  Magic!  Its a special potion called Photoshop ;)
Here are my steps.  First thing I did was play up the eyes a little.  In Lightroom, I used the adjustment brush to add sharpness and clarity as well as a little brightness and saturation.  Brown eyes are so much harder to enhance then blue!  I upped the vibrance and lowered the saturation and then brightened the whole image.  It was looking a little cool to me, so I adjusted the White Balance just a little to add some warmth.  Then I added a pretty strong s-curve pop because I LOVE contrast.  My last step was opening it up in Elements and adding a texture to the background to give it a little more interest.
Did you get all that?  :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

SBliss Photography's Calendar

About Me

My photo
Twin Cities, MN, United States

Go4Pro

Go4Pro
Go4Pro

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP