All Images Copyright @ SBliss Photography. Powered by Blogger.

"Like" me on Facebook for notifications of upcoming events and member-only specials



Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Summit Hill / St. Paul Photographer / Sibling Practice Photoshoot #2

I spent this past Sunday evening with the kids of a good girlfriend of mine. Beauty #1 is 8-year-old Aubrey and Beauty #2 is 2 1/2-year-old Jenna. We had sooo much fun! Thank you so much to Cherie and Brian for inviting me into their home and neighborhood to chase their children around with a camera! And for feeding me grilled brats afterward! hehe



I got a ton of great photos. These girls are extremely photogenic and easy to work with. The natural smile of little Jenna is absolutely priceless even if not just a little challenging to capture. Aubrey, on the other hand is a natural model (read: complete ham!) and fun fun fun and easy peasy to work with! We hung out in the backyard, hula-hooping, blowing bubbles, sliding, swinging, tree-climbing as well as going into the neighborhood park to monkey on the jumgle gyms, dance on tables and pose super-cute for me on the bridge



Here are a few sneak peeks of our session. Out of 104 potential images, I need to weed it down to 30 or less.. its going to be sooo hard! It was hard enough just to get it down to 104 from about 350!! There is a saying amongst photographers: "Take lots and lots of pictures. The more you take, the more good ones you end up with." I may have gone a little bit overboard given this piece of advice ;) But maybe not! Oh well... shoot and learn, I guess! A few other things I learned: Other neighborhood kids are great helpers and I'm going to need to work out my left thigh so it stays as strong as the right one, given the insane amount of exercise the right one gets when lunging down constantly to get on the children's level!


I really did have tons of fun! How can I call this work!?
Coming up this weekend, I don't currently have any photoshoots planned. However, I do have a 5K planned. Will I be 'running' it? mmm not so much :/ With all this photography business, my run training has taken a serious hit. My friend Nicole, who is doing the 5K with me has also not been running so much lately because she and her boyfriend just bought a house... so at least I won't be walking most of it all by myself...yay!! Next week, I am off of the "9-5 gig" on vacation and I have 3 shoots planned. A maternity on Tuesday, a sibling lifestyle on Thursday and on Friday, a just-for-photographic-experience-sake, a documentary shoot with my friend Luke who is a film-maker. That should be interesting!

Lots of fun and interesting stuff coming up, so please keep stopping by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

SBliss Photography's Calendar

About Me

My photo
Twin Cities, MN, United States

Go4Pro

Go4Pro
Go4Pro

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP